Connecting Queer Communities and QMUNITY co-lead a Queer Inclusion Workshop for Community Living Staff.
On Wednesday, December 6th from 12pm – 2pm on Zoom, Alison Klein (she/fae), Peer Coordinator of Connecting Queer Communities, and Alex DeForge (they/them) Manager of Programs at QMUNITY, will be co-leading a Queer Inclusion Workshop for Community Living Staff at BACI, posAbilities, and Kinsight.
Over the past year, the CQC team and QMUNITY have collaborated to help build a broad network of social and advocacy opportunities for CQC members. To mark the culmination of a year’s worth of learning, CQC and QMUNITY will co-lead a Queer Inclusion workshop to all interested Community Living staff at BACI, posAbilities, and Kinsight.
The Queer Inclusion workshop has been adapted for the Community Living Sector by the CQC team using surveyed responses from Kinsight and posAbilties team members
This Zoom workshop will cover:
– Understanding sexual orientation & gender identity
– Creating space for intersectional identities
– Practical knowledge for creating safer spaces for the queer, trans, and Two-Spirit communities
– Designing social services that are 2SLGBTQIA+ inclusive
– Community-centered approaches for service providers
All attendees will be entered into a draw for a $50 Visa gift card.
We’ll see you on December 6th!
This reserves you a spot at the CQC & QMUNITY Queer Inclusion Workshop.